As a lover of puffed food, do you know how the taste of such delicious puffed food is adjusted? Anyone who knows puffed food knows that puffed food is a special kind of food made from some grains and other materials through special processing methods. The reason why puffed food is delicious is inseparable from its later seasoning.
1. Seasoning method of puffed food
The seasoning of puffed food is generally divided into three types: base seasoning, surface seasoning and finished product seasoning. Some use one of them, some use several at the same time.
1. Base seasoning: add seasonings and mix together when making ingredients, mainly to increase the base taste of the product.
2. Flavoring and flavoring on the surface: before frying, the seasoning water is attached to the puffed food by spraying, which can reduce the oil content in the product and make the product obtain the desired texture during the frying process.
3. Seasoning of finished products: the products are seasoned in a tumbling drum or in a continuous spray chain, so that the products have a palatable taste and attractive aroma.
Second, the seasoning and flavoring principles of puffed food
1. When determining the taste and aroma of a product, the positioning of the product should be clearly defined, that is, the consumption area, consumer groups, and consumption habits. The basic point is to reproduce the unique flavor of the product and the flavor familiar to consumers.
2. The aroma and taste of the seasoning should be consistent with the aroma and taste of the seasoning itself, and the seasoning of the base, surface and finished product should be consistent, so that it can play a strengthening role.
3. When selecting the raw materials and flavors that present the flavor, the coherence between heat resistance, volatility, top flavor, middle flavor and bottom flavor should be considered. At the same time, it is necessary to maintain the specific shape of the seasoning and not agglomerate, so that the instant noodle seasoning can be prepared evenly.
4. When seasoning, try to choose pure seasoning to make it have a rich, pure and stable taste and aroma.
5. The addition of spices should be appropriate, and should be based on the principle of setting off the main flavor, rather than grabbing the limelight.
3. The role of yeast extract in seasoning of puffed food
The main components of yeast extract are a variety of amino acids, peptide substances, flavor nucleotides, B vitamins, etc., which have the characteristics of purity, rich nutrition, delicious taste and strong aroma. Yeast extract can effectively mask the peculiar smell of food, ease the sour taste, and enhance the mellow feeling. It is a food flavor enhancer.
Yeast extract has stable performance and can withstand high temperature of 180 ° C. After adding yeast extract to puffed food, the flavor of the product can be rounded and thick, and the product structure can be more uniform, the taste is more crisp, and the phenomenon of sticking to the teeth is obviously reduced. It can reduce the damage of food quality during processing, and can also improve the nutritional value of products.
The addition amount of yeast extract in potato chips production line
is generally 0.5-3%, and the addition point can be added in any of the three ways of seasoning puffed food.